ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 6:21pm
The issue with USPS and "Your Packaging" has been addressed. See: http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/index.asp#new Issues
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
abyss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 7:59pm

Yesterday when I clicked "Check for Updates" it said update was available for download. I was going to download it this morning but I'm getting nothing back when selecting now "Check for Updates" in the  control panel(v3.051).

Peter Letts

Peter
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 8:14pm

We have temporarily pulled the updaters to address a couple of minor issues that were found by the 'early adopters', and will re-post them again as soon as everything has been re tested.  Please check back again tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The ProductCart Team

toyjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 12:02am

I just upgraded from 3.051 to 3.1 and noticed a significant performance degradation.  The home page and search pages - especially - took 10+ seconds to load.

I am running a Windows dedicated server with a shared SQL server (MS SQL 2005) on a separate server.  I thought perhaps the lag could be due to the hardware being in separate data centers.  However, I copied the remote database to a local copy of SQL Server 2005 Express and still the pages took too long to load.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?  I'm going back to 3.051 for now.
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 1:02am

We have found and fixed this issue.  Please download the following Zip and upload the included files to the 'pc' folder on your server:

http://www.earlyimpact.com/temp/justin/ProductCart_v31_patch _091207.zip

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The ProductCart Team

RobertZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 6:26am

Hi Again.

I've narrowed down a couple of my issues.

1) (Period in Meta) Not sure what caused this but solved.

2) Fixed

3) For some reason having a small cart inside the header was causing the SQL error.

Another problem I've got in HTTPS mode the 'Recent Viewed Items' is drawing on a http link causing "Secure and non-secure' error. Its not coming from the images.. Had a look at the code but cannot work where its coming from.

On a side note, it would be handy if PC could issue not only updates but the complete store, when updates occur. I rebuilt our store from 3.05 today, and applied 3.051, then 3.1 and found it to be a very long and drawn out process. Would have been handy just to have a complete 3.1.

Rob

Edited by RobertZ - 13-September-2007 at 6:29am
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 8:50am

You can always send an email to us requesting a full download. We will validate your license, and send you a special link.

The ProductCart Team

jefe275 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefe275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2007 at 10:23am

Hi - not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but

one of the new features of v3.1 is the "View Control Panel Logs". Is there a way to purge these log files from the Product Cart Control Panel once they are viewed? I did not see a setting for this. Does this need to be done manually via MS SQL Manager or FTP? I am still adding products to my store, so my log files have become quite large and I need to delete some of the log.

John

Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2007 at 2:32pm

Can someone tell me if the latest Version 3.1 has been officially released and is available for download yet?

I am running two sites, both with Version 3.052a and it still keeps showing that there are no updates available for your version of ProductCart at this time!

Thanks

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2007 at 3:02pm

Yes it is.  If you do the upgrade option in your admin panel it will download the official version of 3.1.

I now have this running and it seems fine.

cheers

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic