ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Accessing order details on order confirmation page
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accessing order details on order confirmation page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accessing order details on order confirmation page
    Posted: 22-June-2016 at 11:09am
Hi,

We are implementing an analytics tool that requires us to embed order details into their JS code on the final confirmation page. I've seen the orderCompleteTracking page, but we need access to more order variables such as:

- SKU
- Quantity bought
- Price of product
- Currency

Anyone have any idea how we could access that information on this page ?

Thanks!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2016 at 12:12pm
So to clarify - you are looking for each specific variable name used by ProductCart? If so, we can add this to our list of improvements for the existing Help Desk articles since it would likely benefit other merchants as well. In the meantime, you can find the common variables in the Order-related variables section on this page:

You can also find a list of ALL the variables used by a shopping cart session on the following page:

Please let us know if you aren't able to correlate all of the variables you want for your analytics tool, and we can try to squeeze in time to update the Help Desk article with the specific names.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2016 at 12:13pm
We did this in the past when we created a "google trusted store" integration.  My recollection is that we altered ordercompletetracking.asp, and queried/read the productsordered table to output the line item details to the page.

Let me know if you need a hand.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2016 at 3:36pm
@johnb12 -

We have several integrations that already do this.

I suggest you copy what is already there, but modify it for your analytic platform.

Here are some files submit product details after the order:

- inc-Cashback.asp
- inc-GoogleAnalytics.asp
- inc-GTSOrderConfirm.asp

You can do a "save as" to change the name and then include your custom file within "orderComplete.asp".

Or you can copy the relevant bits into "orderCompleteTracking.asp" (which is already included).

This type of project is something that our development team can accomplish quickly if you would like developer assistance.

johnb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2016 at 5:42am
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

After looking at the source of some of the files Matt mentioned, I'm a bit confused as to the approach here:

1. Why are files (inc-GoogleAnalytics.asp) making further calls to the DB to get this information if it is already available using the variables specified here https://productcart.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1600477-how-shopping-cart-content-is-stored ?
2. The orderCompleteTracking.asp does not seem to get included - including random text/HTML here does not show up on the orderComplete page. 
3. I have tried looping through the pcCartArray with the code included on https://productcart.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1600477-how-shopping-cart-content-is-stored but I don't see anything being written to the page.

Can someone show me a quick code snippet of what I would need to add on orderCompleteTracking.asp or orderComplete.asp to print the SKU's of all products that have just been bought ? That would be a huge help

Thanks
johnb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2016 at 11:40am
Anyone ?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2016 at 6:35pm

Hi John,

#1 -  This is too much to explain in a forum post and depends which version of the software your using.  However, one reason to do this is because the UI uses data binding from a web service, but the product feed needs submit on the client side with JavaScript.

#2 - The file "orderCompleteTracking.asp" is included in "orderComplete.asp", but is designed to only run on the first page load.  That may be the issue.

#3 -  I would have to view your code.  Generally speaking, we know that Bing and Google submit product data and work.  So your custom project is a matter of copying what is there and extending it for your needs.  While I am happy to give you pointers, I can only go so far on the forum.  Debugging and coding are services we provide, but which are billable because doing so for scores of merchants (for free) is simply not sustainable.  I recommend getting an estimate if you're still running into issues.  You may be surprised to find that due to our experience and speed that our programmers are often the most cost effective way to go.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic