ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Age Verification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age Verification
    Posted: 23-July-2016 at 3:36pm
We launched a customization for a client this week which was quite unique, and quite successful.  As this mod is so unique, I wanted to let folks know about it.

The products sold by a client of ours now fall under Federal regulation, and their customers must be age-verified before purchasing these products.

The customization involves an API integration to this service:
https://veratad.com/solutions/age-verification/

We extended the OnePageCheckout.asp process to incorporate a new "age verification" panel.  That panel appears in the checkout flow after the "shipping options" panel, and prior to the "payment options" panel.

As there is a fee for each submitted transaction, we set a maximum number of 2 attempts before the shopper is required to upload an image of their photo id.  The store admin has been equipped with tools that facilitate examining the photo id image, and manually flagging the customer as having proven their age.

The system also includes audit-trail and reporting tools, and an admin tool for states, since different states enforce the new rules for ages ranging from 18-21.  Additionally, we only enforce age verification for qualifying products.  The store sells products that are not regulated, therefore if a cart only contains unregulated items, there is no point in performing the age verification process.

Since there is a fee for each transaction, I'm not posting the client's site here, as that might lead to increased costs (to our client) for folks simply looking to demonstrate the feature.  But if you have a genuine need for this integration, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to demonstrate the system to you.

We believe that this integration has the potential of allowing ProductCart to gain new appeal to merchants who might not otherwise consider this platform, were it not for this new feature.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic