ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Benefits Of Moving Home.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benefits Of Moving Home.asp
    Posted: 27-September-2007 at 1:01pm

I'm tasked to move our home page to the root directory and was wondering exactly what are the benefits of doing this. Our home page is actually a copy of home.asp and was renamed to index.asp. I then modified this new file with some additional information we wanted people to see when they first saw our site. Right now both files, home.asp and index.asp, reside in the /pc directory. I do have a link to the home.asp file in the header of our site so I'm wondering if I need to move both files plus the header and footer files to the root directory, move only index.asp and make a copy of the header and footer files and move all three to the root directory, or some other combination I may not be thinking about. Everything works great right now and I'd hate to mess it up by moving a bunch of files around. If anyone has any experience in doing this and can tell if there has been an increase in traffic because of it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic