ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand Meta Tags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand Meta Tags
    Posted: 15-March-2010 at 3:38pm
I have been working on adding more information about the brands we carry.  I noticed that when you enter information in the Brand Meta Tags section in the control panel, the brand-specific meta tags do not show up when the page is rendered.  Rather, the default meta tags are rendered.  I have <!--#include file="include-metatags.asp"--> in my header.  Has anyone else experienced this?
www.TheSleepShop.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 4:31pm
I just tested this on an "out of the box" build of v4 SP3 and the custom title, description and keyword meta tags all displayed.
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 5:09pm
Hi Sean--  Thanks for your reply.  I'm sure I did something stupid somewhere that has caused this.  ;-) Following is a link to one of my Brand pages:

You can see the default meta tags, instead of the custom ones. 
www.TheSleepShop.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 5:26pm
It's so simple, there really isn't anything you could do wrong here.

I'd have to have a look under the hood to see why it's not working. I can't think of any reason off the top of my head, unless something got missed in the v4 upgrade.
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2010 at 1:33pm
I've tried everything I can think of.  I noticed that the brand meta tags don't work in the online demo either.  http://www.earlyimpact.com/demos/apparel/pcadmin/BrandsManage.asp

Oh, well! 
www.TheSleepShop.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic