ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTO Config Page Layout Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna2600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTO Config Page Layout Changes
    Posted: 13-October-2008 at 4:48pm
Hi,
I'm trying to do the following:
1.  Add 'category' images to the configurator page, rather than have images next to each item within the category.
2.  Modify the page layout at the bottom, specifically the placement of the quantity box, the Add to Cart button and the Save Quote button.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Many thanks for any help you can provide,

Donna
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2008 at 5:32pm
You could look at the revisions we made to the product pages in http://www.euphoriababy.com/.  Those may or may not be what you have in mind in terms of revising the layout, and it's not BTO, but it is as close to what you appear to describe as I have to offer at the moment.

I'm in the midst of making viewprd.asp layout changes to another site, but it's not ready for showing publicly yet.
DTyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Donna2600 Donna2600 wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to do the following:
1.  Add 'category' images to the configurator page, rather than have images next to each item within the category.
2.  Modify the page layout at the bottom, specifically the placement of the quantity box, the Add to Cart button and the Save Quote button.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Many thanks for any help you can provide,

Donna

I've done this on a custom PC site I worked on last year, but I can tell you with complete sincerity that it is not worth the hassle.  It usually requires a new database entry, CSS entries and a great deal of modification to configureprd.asp and configureprdcode.asp (at least how I originally did it).

And when the next update is made, the modifications break.

HOWEVER, there's a much easier way - create an empty table in configureprd.asp to the left of your options and then make a new class in pcstorefront.css with the following attributes:

#example {
position: relative;
left: (you'll have to play with this to get it just right, but you're aiming for a number of pixels left of where the image would normally show);
top: (you'll have to play with this to get it just right);

And then in the item description, you'll want to add a <div id="example"> class and link the image in there.

Rereading my own instructions confused the heck out of me, but it's easier than I make it seem.

If your category image is large (more than 50px), you might instead want to use position:absolute, but the placement is much trickier.

Las Vegas Photographers of DTyler Photography -http://www.dtyler-photography.com
DTyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 7:16pm
There we go - http://www.dtyler-photography.com/store/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=45

I'm not done with the page, it still needs a proper background and I plan on adding in an Ajax tooltip in which the different categories will be explained/compared, etc (and I need to fix a VERY annoying firefox only css bug), but that gives a rough idea of how you can specify a category image for a BTO table. 

Sadly, the steps I used along the way became VERY complicated, so it may not be possible for me to include a step by step guide to accomplishing this.  I can however provide the time and resources to modifying your site if you'd be interested in a quote.

Thanks!
Las Vegas Photographers of DTyler Photography -http://www.dtyler-photography.com
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2008 at 4:38pm
I've done something similar with bringing forward addt'l images and descriptions from the category page. Am in the midst of doing it again for V3.5 upgrade to a store. Easiest way is to pick which viewProdX.asp page you're using then embed the query and display.

Example - I added this to viewPrdL.asp below where it calls pcs_Additional Images (note we also keep our images in different folders according to size and these are images from a different table linked by idCategory)

..Pasting the code didn't work so I'm trying it as an upload file ..
code.txt

What's difficult to believe is that it's more difficult to manage the placement of the buttons. I did it but I don't remember where.

This is an image of the work in progress. What appear to be additional images are the images pulled from the above query. The bullet points for the detailed description are picked up from the category. Options, specification etc are all in tables linked by the idCategory, not idProduct. Just filter for "idCategory = "& pIDCategory "

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic