ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTO Products settings send by email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTO Products settings send by email
    Posted: 19-November-2008 at 1:24am
Is it possible to send a url by email which saves the settings of the drop downs of a BTO product. And when the client clicks on the link they come to the page and all the selections are selected properly and not the defaults one.

here is an example. Lets say you want a Business card quote - which is full color both sides and need it next day and qty of 1000. If you go to http://www.printpapa.com/eshop/pc/Full-Color-Business-Cards-3p587.htm  you will see the default settings. Now I have to explain in email that select Full Color Both Sides on the first drop down, then select Next Day as Turnaround and then select 1000 under the quantity box to get the price.
Sometimes I have to send screenshots to show the customers what to set.
IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!

Won't it be nice if I could send a custom URL by email and once the customer clicks on it it sets up the drop down automatically.

ANY HELP OR IF IT IS POSSIBLE.

Thanks
Shawn
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2008 at 6:10am
Hi Shawn,
      I don't believe it's possible via the URL, at least not without quite a bit of custom coding, however I do have a few recommendations.

- Place the order on behalf of the customer. You can do this when they call, via the admin pages.  Customers > Locate a Customer > Place Order.

- Remove the default options from the configuration so that the customer has to select a value - hopefully causing them to think instead of just pressing "Add to Cart".

On a more general note, I like your site design, but I think your BTO pages may be contributing to the issue as the specification is on the left and the related options are on the right.  Having the descriptive text right there with the selectable option may make it clearer to the customers. It may be worth experimenting with a different layout.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic