ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Bulk Cancel' Incomplete Orders from PC v5.2.00
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Bulk Cancel' Incomplete Orders from PC v5.2.00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Bulk Cancel' Incomplete Orders from PC v5.2.00
    Posted: 28-July-2017 at 1:38pm
Have version 5.2.00 running on a SQL database (hosted through JoltDigital.com)

We haven't paid much attention to Incomplete orders in the system because either a) the customer would call us and place their order over the phone or b) they re-do the order and abandon the one marked "incomplete" - along with a few here and there that just plainly decided in the middle of the order to decide against it and just closes their window/browser.  

Now, our bosses want us to go through those incomplete's on a weekly basis in case we can contact them and help them - so NOW the "incomplete" ones are important.

However, we now have about 430 incomplete orders in our store's database all the way back from when the application went live!  I have tried the "view ... orders" function and, you can bulk process any other order EXCEPT Incomplete orders!  Would have wanted to highlight all 400+ incomplete orders and "batch" process them as "cancelled".

Is there a way, either in another function of ProductCart, or outside of ProductCart, to mark all those incomplete orders as "cancelled" - or to just remove them from the database all-together so they're not in the system anymore?  Help is much appreciated.
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2017 at 1:50pm
A cancelled order is one that was placed intentionally, paid for, and then reversed.

An incomplete order is one in which the customer made it to the shipping panel, then abandoned it.

We don't have a way to bulk change the status of an incomplete order, but you could move the order to complete, and then once it's a real order you can change the status.

I don't recommend making the order cancelled since that could become confusing.

e.g.  Was it really a cancelled order vs.  an incomplete?

Is your goal simply to remove incomplete orders to keep things "tidy".

MGatESS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2017 at 2:15pm
I don't want to make them "complete" since they're NOT complete.  I just wanted them NOT marked as "Incomplete".  Also, all the other status orders can be "Archived" (and thus compact the database), but I can't archive Incomplete's.  If I could, I would have just done that, however the "check all" and "archive" are not there when you list all Incomplete orders in the system.

And yes, I would like to "tidy" up the database and not have it holding/tracking 430 or so Incomplete orders.  And going through the orders one-by-one and resetting their status is extremely time-consuming (I do not have the time to open and change the status of over 400 database documents/orders).
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic