FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buy X quantity, get Y quantity free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy X quantity, get Y quantity free
    Posted: 06-February-2009 at 6:14pm
Hi Ben,
     This isn't supported - In particular automatically adjusting the number of products is not.
Most customers would be confused if they enter 9 and the cart then says 10.
For example, your example of adding 9 and the cart then holding 10 - some customers would then think  - I've got 10 in the cart - so TWO should be free. 

You can use the quantity discount feature and put specific percentage discounts to "simulate" this - so the pricing is correct - so the discount %age on 6 is  GREATER than that on, say, 8 - to give the equivalent of one free for each quantity.  

Alternatively just add text to the description to explain that you will be adding an extra one for each set of 5 ordered - however, if you use the stock control feature or run a busy site the latter idea is impractical as it relies on human intervention.
wycha7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wycha7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 6:23am
I'm a beginner in Product Cart, I went over the quantity discount and cross promotion feature but neither suit my need.

I have this scenario where I would like to have a promotion on a product. Normally, the product is sold in single quantity. I would like to have a free 1 for every 5 unit promotion for this item.

So it will go like this:
1. Customer enters 4 quantity - cart will show 4 and total = 4 x single price
2. Customer enters 5 quantity - cart will show 6 and total = 5 x single price
3. Customers enters 9 quantity - cart will show 10 and total = 9 x single price
4. Customer enters 12 quantity - cart will show 14 and total = 12 x single price

Is this scenario configurable?

Thanks
-Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic