ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can we used custom SEO URL in product cart?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 35690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can we used custom SEO URL in product cart?
    Posted: 16-October-2012 at 12:50am

Can we used custom SEO URL in product cart?

Suppose,

Currently it display this url

http://www.neeranatural.com/productcart/pc/About-US-d1.htm

Now i want to change custom

http://www.neeranatural.com/productcart/pc/AboutUS

Please give me solution of this

Thanking you....

2pointoutsource Team
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 1:36am
There are ways of doing it, but they are all painful.

I don't see any justification whatsoever to balance pretty much nill benefit for all of the agony it would take to do this either through ISAPI rewriting or by doing such a major overhaul on PC (which would leave the application in a state that would also be very expensive to maintain updates).

Show me a really good reason this should be done (what huge benefit would accrue?), and I could be pushed towards using ISAP_Rewrite to do it, but the regex is very tricky and prone to cause headaches.

BTW, if you were to do this, you'd want /About-Us/ as your faux directory.

Rewriting away the /productcart/pc/ directories is easy (I've a thread on that here and do it regularly with stores hosted on our servers -- though we've gotten bitten by it a few times). EI claims there's no SEO benefit to this, and SEO's are never decided with any consensus on anything. I just find it to be a "prettier" URL. Same argument could be made for your request, but what's involved is not worth the pain simply for aesthetics, IMHO.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic