ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian GST and PST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian GST and PST
    Posted: 20-June-2009 at 6:08pm
I have been searching the forum and just wondering if product cart handles the canadian taxes properly as far as customers who are exempt from PSt but not GST. Also the QST and HST taxes
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 6:17pm
www.home-distilling.com is in Toronto.  You may want to drop him a note and check in with him.  I believe the answer is yes but Ian can confirm this for you.
windsurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 6:21pm
Thank you But if you are a certified product cart developer wouldn't you know ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 6:30pm
I said I believe the answer is yes, and I invited you to get the answer directly from the merchant who deals with it every day and may have further input he will share with you. 

I am simply providing the most direct course for you to obtain a quick and reliable answer.  OK?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 11:34pm
Hi Greg, didn't mean to tick you off, just an observation but thanks for the help. I contacted the people you referred me to and they say it can be done so hence forward we go to see if there is a demo available.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 11:47pm
I'm not upset, just trying to help get you to the answer you needed.  Not a big deal.

In terms of a demo, EI has their public demo stores here http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/demo.asp.  You may want to write them directly and ask if they have any non-public test stores set up for testing Canadian taxes where you might be able to exercise a store that is already set up for such a purpose.  But I do believe you can go into one of the public stores and alter the configuration as you see fit and see how things are configured.  Or if you like, contact any of we developers directly as many of us have test stores on our servers for such purposes.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2009 at 11:50pm
Ya it would be nice to see, I am about to pull my hair out over VPASP which claims they can handle canadian taxes but guess what ..... they can't. I'll keep plugging away at it.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 4:27am
Hi,  We have quite a few Canadian customers.
Take a look at the wiki about Canadian taxes:
wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/tax_manual#tax_by_zone_for_canadian_online_stores
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 8:03am
Hi Hamish, thank you. One thing i do need to do though is have certain customers exempt from paying certain taxes and that seems to be a problem, although one user tells me that it is possible but i haven't seen it yet.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 8:05am
I think i spoke to soon, I am just reading the wiki and it does appear to be a feature. Time to get my money back from the folks at VPASP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic