ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian GST and PST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 12:49pm
Hi Hamish
Yes i am aware of that and that is not a problem. I realize that i would have to manually authorize a customer as wholesale.
windsurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 12:49pm
Yes they are.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by windsurfer windsurfer wrote:

I don't know who Ian is

Ian Smiley from Home-Distilling.  He's in Toronto and I recall the possibility that he addressed this very specific point.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:00pm
Hi Greg
yes i did e-mail him and did get a reply, i did e-mail back with the question if customers could be exempt from just one tax and i haven't heard back yet. I am just wondering if this would be all that complex to do. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a ASP programmer , I did go to college and have my engineering certificate in electronics which by itself doesn't mean anything but logic tells me that this would not really be all that difficult to facilitate. Correct me if i am wrong.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:01pm
Has Ian been selling home distilleries to government offices? - Sounds like Canada is a great place to live, crazy tax system or not Big%20smile 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:04pm
oh yes , besides a few oddities this is a great place to live, we have Tim Horton's coffee shops to which every Canadian is part owner and there's something in the coffee that keeps us going back day after day. The weather is great , people are friendly and best of all we lock the doors to keep people in the house not out Thumbs%20Up
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:07pm
I'm sure a custom solution is quite possible. Using a customer group would be a good starting point. It will be interesting to see if Ian has addressed this already and what approach he took, if he is willing to share it. 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by windsurfer windsurfer wrote:

Hi Greg
I am just wondering if this would be all that complex to do. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a ASP programmer , I did go to college and have my engineering certificate in electronics which by itself doesn't mean anything but logic tells me that this would not really be all that difficult to facilitate. Correct me if i am wrong.

Consider yourself corrected.  Not only do you have to make sure such a change is accurately reflected and stored to the database in any applicable cases, then there is the "edit order" features of the admin where one has to make sure any "re-calculated total" is correct.  And I'm not sure, but it may extend beyond that. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:17pm
I won't argue with that Greg. I'll wait to see if he did get that done. I think it would be a great asset to Early Impact if this could indeed be done. I can't imagine i am the only person in Ontario who has to deal with this issue. I know there are a lot of sites that have just a catalog store and you need to sign up and of course then you could just charge the PSt and not worry about it, I have seen a few where one can sign up as a reseller but then when a purchase is made both taxes are charged and the invoice has to be manually adjusted on the vendors side. Maybe something for Early Impact to look at .
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2009 at 1:49pm
Hi,  Good news,  I just whipped up a quick store on my local system and added a "Tax by Zone" - one of the options is to exclude particular customers from that Tax.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic