ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Closing an Order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closing an Order
    Posted: 23-November-2008 at 2:55pm

Is there a setting that will empty someones cart or stop them removing products once they have placed an order and continue to shop.

I am finding that a few customers have placed a order, they continue to shop and add more products, then delete the ones they have think they have just ordered, so as not to get them twice.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
John

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2008 at 4:10pm
Hi John,
  Can you please clarify. Have they actually completed an order and then started another one?
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2008 at 4:25pm
Hi

In my store if you complete a order and then press continue shopping you you can then click on your cart contains then change the order that you have just placed with its same order number.

Thanks

John
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2008 at 4:41pm
Hi John,
  The cart should be empty once an order is completed. They can view the order via "My Account > View Previous Orders" - but not change it. 

Are you seeing the completed order in the admin pages? If your sure they have actually completed the order and are not just amending the cart contents before they complete it, which would be valid, then please raise a support ticket and we will then be able to investigate properly what is going on.
https://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/support_form.asp

It would most likely be useful to have details of an order / customer where this occurred if you raise a ticket.
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 3:13pm
Problem Solved.

I submitted the support request and here is some othe reply.

"This is a limitation of using a shared SSL instead of a dedicated SSL certificate. It's very difficult to determine if the order is indeed complete from one domain to another since sessions cannot be carried across domain. If you obtain a dedicated SSL you should no longer see this behavior."
I was using a shared SSL.

I got a dedicated SSL and the customers cannot change the placed order.

Thanks

John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic