ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conflict Manager and Custom Fields...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaeger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conflict Manager and Custom Fields...
    Posted: 08-June-2009 at 1:28pm

We’ve gotten conflict manager installed finally and I have run through a few of our client’s scenarios in the configuration.

I have come to realize that our client’s two primary scenarios are not supported by the Conflict manger.  These scenarios are:

1.       When nothing is selected in group A, customer CANNOT select Group B.

2.       When nothing is selected in group B, customer CANNOT enter Custom Field C

I realize that issue 1 can be worked around by creating an Item in group A called “None”

However, issue 2 is not so easily addressed since BTO doesn’t support Custom Fields on BTO items. (that in and of itself is a major frustration)

Please refer to http://test.bestfriendservices.com/sunriseidcart/PC/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=755 for an example of the scenario. NOTE: The referenced site does not have CM installed yet, I’ve only installed it on my Dev site which is only on our internal corporate network, but is otherwise identical to the referenced site.  If need be, a GotoMeeting can be used to give direct access to the version of the site with CM installed.

In the above product, a Name plate should not be able to be selected if they do not select a base.  If a Name Plate is not selected, then the “Text to Engrave” should not be available since it is actually being engraved on the plate.

What would be the best way to proceed on this?  Has anyone come across this before, and have theycome up with a solution yet?

Thank you,

Jaeger Mitchell 
systems architect & developer
sunrise creative group, inc.

t 425.897.6212
c 360.271.1458
f 425.402.9005
www.sunriseid.com  

mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2009 at 5:25am
Hi Jaeger,

I am no expert here but I am facing similar situations whilst setting up my own BTO store.  I think the way I would handle this would be set up another BTO product which has the customised name plate and custom text  field removed.

Its not an ideal scenario and I would have a problem with having two very similar products in my storefront.  I would probably make the non personalised product hidden and have a link within the product description taking the customer to the non personalised BTO configuration (for customer who did not require personalisation).  Then, if I was using stock control I would probably set up a stock controlled item for the urn itself and add this as a product to each of the non stock controlled BTO products.

I am sure somebody else has a better solution but this is my first thoughts as a workaround.

Matt

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic