ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom "pcMainArea" code/files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom "pcMainArea" code/files
    Posted: 03-October-2014 at 11:44am
We are still on v4.7, but going to upgrade to v5.x as soon as possible.

I really like the Basic Blue theme in PCv5.  I opened the live demo and looked at the code.  The left column "ribbons" (Browse by Category & Browse By Price) - I would like to know if they can be customized.  

We really don't have a use for "Browse By Price" for our products so I'd like to substitute it with something else such as "Divisions/Info" or something to that effect where I can put links to our division pages (i.e.: Repair Services, Veterinary, Medical, etc) as well as a page with our office hours, contact information, Google Maps™, holiday schedule, etc., etc.  

Also, I want to add custom images w/hyperlink to open a new page (on another website) in that left column - such as an image link to our YouTube™ site, Ebay® site, and our Better Business Bureau script/image display & link.

Any help would be most appreciated - even links to ProductCart Wiki pages that has instructions on these things.
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
miphones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miphones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2014 at 4:13am

They are just links and can be edited in the header file:

store/pc/theme/basic_blue/header.asp

The Browse by price links look slightly different because they are generated from a search field but can be removed easily if you don't need them. They are still just links.

MGatESS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2014 at 9:08am
Thanks for the help.  I will explore when we upgrade. Smile
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic