FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customizing BTO for Custom Cabinetry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cognecy View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customizing BTO for Custom Cabinetry
    Posted: 26-May-2010 at 4:55pm
We have a cusotmer that has done this with BTO. 

I have sent you a Private Message with my contact details.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 3:41pm
One place to start could be a search on Google for a BTO-only file name and a keyword such as "cabinet". View Google search results. You could repeat the same search using a different keyword. This might allow you to discover BTO users that have implemented functionality that might match your needs, and then contact them about it.

We hope this helps!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
harbingerdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harbingerdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2010 at 6:19pm
I am looking at Product Cart BTO as a means to configure orders for custom cabinetry.  We need to be able to enter a room name (kitchen) then select a variety of options (finish color, etc.) that would be applied to the cabinet items in the room.  We would then repeat for the next room...
We would also hope to further develop to accomodate a parametric bill of material structure for our items that would allow us to associate a template with our items that would "stretch" our parts according to input width, height and depth.  Inventory and Purchasing would then follow.  It sounds more complicated than it really is...

Has anyone out there had any success with customizing BTO for the custom cabinet industry or similar industry?  There are a lot more details necessary to discuss, but if someone has done this before, the conversation will be much easier.  I am hoping to find a developer to help accomplish a full business management system.  Anyone interested can check out our website and see the Design Options to get a sense of the options to consider.  We are at www.harbingercabinet.com.

I look forward to hearing any thoughts...

Thanks,
harbingerdon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic