ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downloadable Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packetsolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downloadable Settings
    Posted: 13-November-2016 at 11:55pm
I have a product (PDF) that I just made downloadable, but ProductCart is acting as if I did nothing.I read the steps on this and it seems very clear:

Downloadable Settings tab, downloadable product?, selected "Yes", entered full HTTP path to the file, make URL expire?, selected "Yes" (after 3 days) and saved it.

I then purchased the product and I'm getting the same order confirmation email I was getting before I made the product downloadable, with no download URL or anything additional in the email.  It's the same confirmation email I get for a non-downloadable product.

Is there something I'm not doing?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2016 at 8:05am
Be sure the status of the order is marked paid and processed.  If the URL email is not sent at that time, then please open a support ticket so we can review the settings.
packetsolutions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packetsolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2016 at 10:20pm
Hi there. Thanks, but I figured out. It was that I wasn't using "www" in full HTTP path to the downloadable file. Even though the path was good, the cart was ignoring it without the "www" included in the path.

Thanks.

Edited by packetsolutions - 14-November-2016 at 10:52pm
Conjuring Arts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conjuring Arts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2017 at 5:58pm
I have a physical product that we would like to also allow the instructions for to be downloaded. Will this work?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2017 at 6:07pm
It's just a matter of properly forming a link in your product description, pointing that link to the file (PDF?) containing said instructions.

Write to me directly and I'll show you.  Give me a link to the product you are referring to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic