ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dynamically update prices on BTO products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFPalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamically update prices on BTO products
    Posted: 15-March-2011 at 10:07am
I am new to forum posting, so please excuse if this question has been referenced before. If it has and someone can point me in the right direction, Id appreciate that too.

Im using a BTO configuration as a quoting tool, and want to format like this demo store page: http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/build_to_order/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=412

My question is about the ability to dynamically update prices based on selections. For example, based on the configuration of the store in the link provided:

My client has two containers, a 20-foot and a 40-foot. For this container, you have two choices for its electrical box, a 110 and a 220 but those two choices would be different prices based on the container you choose.

If you picked the 20-foot, the 110 electrical system is $100, but if you pick the 40-foot, the same 110 electrical system is $200.

My question is, is there a way to make the cart adjust the price of the electrical system based on the container they choose in the configuration like the demo store linked above? It seems the conflict management wouldnt quite be what I need, but I dont know that for sure. Any help would be appreciated.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2011 at 11:48am
In that scenario you need the Conflict Management system: when a customer selects the 20-foot container, ProductCart - through the Conflict Management system - will automatically make the selections associated with the 20-foot container available and the ones associated with the 40-foot container unavailable.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
JFPalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFPalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2011 at 11:51am
I wasnt sure if the CM System would handle that or not, but I wanted to ask to see if there were any other solutions before I dived in too deep. Appreciate the heads up, I will give that a shot.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2011 at 11:57am
Another solution is to create items with names and descriptions that clearly indicate what they are for (e.g. "110 electrical system for 20-foot container"). However, this approach does not prevent a customer from selecting the wrong item.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic