ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request: Limit Quantities on BTO Items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request: Limit Quantities on BTO Items
    Posted: 13-December-2010 at 4:53pm
I just purchased ProductCart BTO w/Conflict Management.  First off I would like to say that this is a very impressive product and we are pleased with our purchase.  

The only missing critical feature is a way to limit/control the quantity inputs for BTO items.  For example, I have a computer chassis that contains four hard drive bays.  Therefore I need to limit the maximum number of hard drives (set up as a BTO item in the computer configuration session) that can be added to the configuration.  This limit could be a simple text input field in the pcadmin configuration session, or could tie to a custom attribute of a selected item.  It would be much simpler to simply add the limit as a text input. 

In any case, we could really use this functionality.

Please see this posting for a more complete description:
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 12:48am
Hi AspSys,

Thanks for the kind words about ProductCart Build To Order!

With regard to your question/suggestion: could you clarify if the maximum quantity requirement is at the category level (category of selectable items on the product configuration page) or at the item level? It seems from your description that it would have to be enforced at the category level (e.g. no more than a total of 4 Hard Drives).

Thanks again!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
aspsys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 11:48am
Hi -
Enforcement at the category level would be perfect!
Nathan-Conbrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan-Conbrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2013 at 10:50pm
Hello,

Did anything come of this? I am interested in knowing how to do the same or a similar thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic