ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mailing lists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mailing lists
    Posted: 28-October-2005 at 1:46pm
I'd like to add the ability for my customers to join a mailing list without having to go through the entire signup process.  There are a couple of ProductCart sites that are already doing just what I want to do.

anyknockoff.com and fineproducts.com

Is this custom code?  If so does anyone know who wrote it?

tia
Dean
thecachingplace.com
GB IT Solutions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB IT Solutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2005 at 11:16am

Yes it is custom code - probably not that complicated either but... I would be tempted to have the mailing list in a different database. There seems little point have a customer record that is just an email address.

They might just be adding the addresses into one of the commercial email list management sites that are out there.

GB IT Solutions Ltd
Bespoke web development based in the UK
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2005 at 11:52pm
So, I'll answer my own question.  After looking around I found ezmlm which is just a news letter managment software.  Its nice in that it handles all of the subscription / unsubscibe requests automatically.  It did require a tweak to the formmail.asp code I'm using to put the return address in the right place.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic