ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISAPI Rewrite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2009 at 1:16am
I installed the EI Seo mods and they were easy to install (just like Greg said) and have worked flawlessly since then (jan 2, 2009)  Whether they increased by SERP is hard to know, as I have kept chipping away at on-site and off-site SEO things, so our pages are getting higher on Google.
So good job to EI on this one and thanks Greg for telling me how easy it was to put in.
Curt
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2009 at 1:29am
Hi Curt,

You're welcome.

BTW, Sean and I go back many years.  We met when we were both Storefront developers.  As a point of interest, Sean authored a 404-based SEO mod for Storefront 5 several years ago which has worked successfully for many moons.  The big improvement of EI's approach over Sean's is how EI's adds the category and product ID in the new URL.  That helps resolve problems with duplicate product titles.  But Sean speaks from a background of significant depth.

I'm in the middle of upgrading a store to v3.51 which was altered by another team to support ISAPI and I have to tell you it's a bear.  They made several mods which are far more difficult to manage than simply using the SEO mod, and I can't possibly disagree with Sean's remarks.  ISAPI does not appear to be worth the effort for SEO.  I love it, however, for mapping "old store" to "new store" URLs, and have it running on all of our servers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic