ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Server 2003

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Server 2003
    Posted: 17-February-2006 at 3:50pm
I'm not ready to file a support ticket on this yet, because I don't think it is a ProductCart problem but...

Anyone else using Server 2003 for their store? We just got two brand new systems (one for web, one for SQL), and the 2003 web server isn't performing up to snuff.

Reaction time is spotty...sometimes quick, sometimes slow. The web process frequently spike to 50-100% processor usage and stays there, slowing the store down or plain locking it up.

We cannot batch process orders in the manager...it just never comes back once we hit the button.

I'm NOT a systems guy...I'm a programmer. But I can't imagine what I've messed up to cause this. I'm hoping someone else might know the magic switch I haven't thrown to make this thing work.

FWIW, the box isn't at fault. Dual 3.2GHz processors, 4gb ram...it should run circles around the old web server.

ANY suggestions welcome.
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2006 at 9:47am
If you don't hear anything here you might give this forum a try:
http://www.expertsrt.com/phpBB2/
cptkoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptkoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2006 at 6:38pm

Hi

• Is it 2003 web or 2003 server?
  • Have you load tested the server to prove its not a hardware issue?
  • Have you load tested the network connections between the two servers?
  • What protection is there on the SQL server - firewall?
  • How have you setup IIS on the webserver
  • Do you have IIS setup on the SQL server?

I can try and talk you theought options but without knowing the full setup of what you got its going to be very hard to help.

You can email directly if you prefer rather than lisiting your setup info here.

"I need a hug, I need love, I need fun, I want to feel happy. Thats the world I want to live in!"
Mr.Art View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Art Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2006 at 12:12pm

Probably has something to do with the connection between the server and the database...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic