ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Menu Collapse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
steelheadbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelheadbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Menu Collapse
    Posted: 26-March-2008 at 5:14pm

Thanks, I've been keeping back up copies. The last few messages just seemed like bickering... no offense. I had the code successfully I'm just trying to figure how to propperly add css/ the old css to this code.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 5:01pm

<<<so what do i do?? >>>

As a general rule, the developers and users who post here are quite eager to direct folks to solutions. But some of what folks ask for involves being able to take those instructions or tips and turn them into solution.  Sometimes that means having a comfort level of installing or editing code.

If you are not comfortable with editing code or installing mods, hiring someone might be a solution that gets you moving forward. 

Hamish would presumably be very happy to hear from you, I already extended such an offer over the wekend, and there is a list on this site of other developers who offer their services.

Or you can ask specific questions, as you have, and we'll try to answer.  But in response to "what do I do now", Hamish already suggested creating an alternate copy of your header and experimenting with it.  Just keep a copy of what you know already works so you have a fallback.

Tight lines!

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 4:24pm
Hi Mike,
     Give it a try - No reason it shouldn't work. If you want then try it in an alternative copy of header.asp as suggested in my previous post.

Hi Greg - Perhaps I should have been clearer - I was just agreeing with you & trying to clarify that the MySQL was definitely not referring to a MySQL DB.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelheadbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 4:17pm
so what do i do??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 4:05pm

Hamish - He's not trying to use a mySQL database.  He's using Access.

The confusion is that he saw the string name mySQL containing the query, and thought this implied that the code was using a mySQL database. 

I got yelled at by a client who thought the same thing, knew their site was using MSSQL, and basically knew enough to get herself in trouble but not enough to know the difference.  :)

The moment he posted the link, a light went on and I found just exactly what I figured I would see when I opened the script.

No big deal. 

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 3:58pm
Hi,
  I agree with Greg here - Product Cart cannot be run against a MySQL DB according to the documentation. As far as I'm aware there is little or no difference in the SQL regardless of if it's using a MS Access or MS SQL DB.  If you want to try this out in a low risk way then create an alternative header file incorporating the changes as, say, headerb.asp & amend a page temporarily to use this alternate header file.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 3:51pm

<<<mySQL="SELECT idCategory,categoryDesc FROM categories WHERE idParentCategory=1 AND idCategory<>1 AND iBTOhide=0 ORDER BY priority, categoryDesc ASC;">>>

In this context, "mySQL" is simply the name of the string that will contain the query which is about to be executed.  It could just as easily been "bigdangsteelie" or "wantabeer" or "whereslunch" so long as it is the name referenced in next statement that actually executes the query string:
set rsCategory=conlayout.execute(mySQL)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelheadbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 3:36pm

Code Snippets / Dynamic Navigation (ProductCart v2.76): http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/developers.as p#scripts

For: Show top level categories - Download

I need a menu system using only top level categories using MsAccess DB.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 3:23pm

<<<Also this code is for mySQL. >>>

Could you clarify that one?  Are you running ProductCart on mySQL? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelheadbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 3:15pm
Also this code is for mySQL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic