FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew QuickBooks Add-on In Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New QuickBooks Add-on In Development
    Posted: 02-April-2008 at 10:01am

Early Impact is developing its next generation QuickBooks Add-On using the QuickBooks Web Connector.  The new tool will be a bi-directional system capable of inventory synchronization to and from QuickBooks. It will not use IIF files, will run automatically, and will contain many other features you have requested.

Please share with us ideas, feedback, and feature requests. 

RobertZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2008 at 7:20am

Only request is that is multi-country and ASAP... :)

Cant wait for this to happen. Getting tied of double entry..

Rob

leahdbc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2008 at 3:07pm

I have already discussed this with someone over there but here are my two wishes

1 - ability to integrate with Quickbooks credit card merchant

2 - ability to export orders from PC and import  into QB as a Sales Order (not just sales receipt or invoice)

Thanks. Can't wait!

Leah

EarlJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2008 at 5:07pm

Ditto from the previous posts...

Plus:
Support for assembly items
PureDisplay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2008 at 10:05am
I am very interested in the new development of the QB add-on that synchronises inventory. I'm using PC with Apparel add-on. The sub-products are assemlies of other products (products have a bill of materials).

It's as if I were selling furniture and gave the customer the choice of table top shape (circle, square etc.), table finish (beech, pine etc.), legs type(round, square etc.) and legs finish (chrome, satin etc.). There could be many scenarios. So each sub-product has a different bill of materials. It's like configuring a car to buy online.
At present, PC doesn't have any features to handle the inventory of this complexity, but from what I've been told QB can have items with bill of materials. If I can map each sub-product to a separate QB item, which has a bill of materials, this should automate the inventory.

At present, there is no way for me to update the inventory when one of these sub-product assemblies is sold, except to manually do it (very time consuming and potential for errors).

I would like to be able to:

1. Map apparel sub-products to individual QB items.
2. If that item has a bill of materials, for those parts to decrement the correct quantities accordingly.
3. Re-synchronise the inventory to update PC.
4. QB to use the same invoice numbers generated by PC.
5. Generate purchase orders from QB, update the inventory when stock arrives and synchronise with PC to update stock values.

Of course, I would like to be able to do the same inventory control with normal products too, not just sub-products. If it works with sub-product, I can't see why it wouldn't work with regular products.

I't quite difficult to explain, but I hope I've made it clear enough to understand. Anyone who sells products that consist of a kit of parts will find these features very useful.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2008 at 8:54pm
Hi Puredisplay,
    I beg to differ about PC's ability to deal with your scenario
     You need the BTO version of product cart - that will support your need to build products from parts/components/other-products.

I know it's used for lots of sites such as custom built PC's and, in the case of one of our sites, sandwiches, which have a huge level of customisation required.

You MAY also benefit from some of the other versions/options such as the Apparel Add-on or Conflict manager.

PureDisplay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2008 at 8:21am
Hi Hamish,
I have reviewed the BTO version and even though it has some great features, it does not allow me to do what I'm after.

BTO allows the customer to choose different quantities, but what I want to do is actually set those quantities in the backend. If we take the table example again, I would allow the customer the choice of 3 chrome legs on a round table and 6 chrome legs on a 'L' shaped table. BTO would allow the customer to select 1, 2, 3, 4 etc legs. BTO can force order quantities, but that would not work in this scenario, because some tables have 3, 4 or 6 legs. I would also what the ability to sell a single leg as a spare part. The force quantity would not aloow this either.

I am already using the Apparel add-on, but I haven't reviewed the Conflict manager. Apparel add-on definitely helps, because it has a different SKU for each sub-product. However, I would like to assign a different bill of materials to each SKU.

Actual example from our website:
http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct =1

This is an Apparel product. The bill of materials changes quite considerably depending on the options chosen. The picture will update to show you the variation of components.

I have spoken to EI and PC programmers about this and there is nothing from the standard versions that can do this. That is why I'm hoping that the new QB add-on will solve this issue.

If you can find a way to use the standard versions to control the 'bill of materials' inventory, I'm definitely all ears!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2008 at 9:27am
Hi,
   I understand properly what your asking for now & you are correct - There's nothing out of the box that supports this.

From what I understand your ideal scenario  is a combination of BTO & the Apparel  add-on with the additional facility to  have pre-configured
I can really see the value in what you outline though.

BTO is a fair part of the way to what you need as products can be made up of sub-products - each with their own SKU & stock levels, which can also, if desired, be sold separately.

The key element missing, as far as I can tell, Is the ability to pre-set the number of each item (component) that makes up the main product. I suspect that MAY be a relatively easy enhancement for EA to make.
What would then still be missing though, is the ability to use the Apparel add-on with those products.

IMAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 8:48pm
Quickbooks requirements:

Importing of customer records from ProductCart into Quickbooks should check for duplicate customers before importing.

Add-on should support a networked version of Quickbooks.
bottomlineusa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 9:44pm
I would like the shopping cart to integrate sales tax with QuickBooks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic