ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Storewide Quantity Discounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storewide Quantity Discounts
    Posted: 04-April-2008 at 4:00pm
Hello everyone,

I have been reading over the forum and it seems like there is a lot of people with a lot of knowledge, so I figured I'd ask some questions. I just got PC (still building the store) and all of my products are customizable packages. Is it possible to apply quantity discounts to a BTO items across several categories. Say for example you are selling a build-your-own gift basket. The basket is $0 and you are asking the user to choose from several different categories of BTO items to get in their baskets. One category could be fruit, one could be chocolates, and one could be mints. There are several products in each category to choose from. Is there any way to make a quantity discount of 10% if they choose from 5-10 products- no matter which category they are from. In other words they could choose 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 chocoalte bar, and 1 mint- and since they have 5 products they get 10% off.

I realize this is somewhat possible by using coupon codes that automatically apply, but it seems like it would be more effective as a quantity discount- because people could actually see what they are saving real-time. Also would it be possible to have some line of code by the price that says "if you put 2 more items in your package your recieve 10% off" and that line would change depending on the quantity you have so far.

Also, has anyone found out a way to buy X number of products and get one free. Maybe instead of a % or $ discount you could do something like. If you buy 5 products you get a free pineapple, or something of the sort.

Thanks,

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic