ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Rate Shipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat Rate Shipping
    Posted: 15-July-2008 at 2:19pm
Good Morning,

I wanted to know if we can set a flat rate amount to a specific product? (I already have the custom shipping "flat rate" set up). I have a light weight product that I want to over as flat rate shipping but I can't find anywhere in the shipping module or item module to set this shipping method as the default for this one product. I don't want the customer to have the other choices for shipping that we offer, nor do I want "flat rate" to show on other items. I want the one product to show the flat rate shipping only. Is this possible?

While we're on the subject of shipping, is the only way to show "free shipping" for a product to check the "no shipping charge" box in the product edit screen? Shouldn't that cause some "free shipping" text to appear in the product screen or do we have to do that text ourselves  in the html?

Thanks for any advice.

Alan
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2008 at 4:37pm
Hi Alan,

I'm not aware of any method of setting a shipping rate for an individual product.

You could set the product as a 'No Shipping' product - (usually reserverd for downlaodable products or say booking a service call) then set a custom shipping method as a required option.

Nigel
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2008 at 6:49pm
Nigel,

Thank you for your input. Since I don't deal with any services or downloads, I believe I can change the verbiage in languages from "no shipping required" (or whatever exactly it says) to "FREE SHIPPING"

I'll give it a try.

Thanks again,

Alan
riikamagnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riikamagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2008 at 12:57am
I dont know if this is will help, but I just setup a custom shipping option based on weight since none of the items in the store really have any weight in them yet. We put 0-1lb as our standard flat rate and then 2-3lb is a different flat rate and so on. So then depending on those special items that need a higher or lower shipping rate we put in the weight that corrisponds to the needed flat rate for that specific product.  
~Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services
http://www.silver-logic.com
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2008 at 1:21am
Riikamagnus,

Thanks for the resonse. A very cleaver idea. I think that would work for us as well. I'll give it a try. It sure is nice here with all of the support amongst users. It's a great help

Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic