ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recently Viewed Products - ok in IE, not in FF?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Viewed Products - ok in IE, not in FF?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recently Viewed Products - ok in IE, not in FF?
    Posted: 12-August-2008 at 12:32pm

I have multiple reports that the "recently viewed products" feature we just added to this site fails to appear in Firefox... 

I  can see it just fine in IE and FF, but others can only see it in IE.

What do other see? Any ideas on what the issue may be?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 12:51pm
Hi,
The clue is in the URL. Wink
indexdev.asp - It looks to me like a developers copy of your homepage! I doubt anyone browsing the site will see it with either FF or IE (I didn't until I came back to this post & double checked the URL).
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 12:54pm
Hi Greg, just spotted it was you....  What a huge site - Loads & loads of products & images - that's a big piece of work! 
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 12:56pm
Hi Greg,

I'm using Firefox/3.0.1 and the "recently viewed products" only show up on the indexdev.asp page. All other pages selected do not show any recently viewed products, including the home page (index.asp). I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to show or not, but that's what I see.

Alan

Alan
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:00pm
Hi Hamish - that's not an error.  I'm intentionally working at this temporary address until we resolve the apparent browser issue.  Then I will apply this revised (wider) page layout site-wide. 

The original design was prepared prior to V3.11.  We wanted to use the recently viewed products but the length of the left nav column made it impractical to place RVP below it, so we redesigned for a wider screen.  You'll notice that the current home page is much narrower without the new 3rd column.

So... Yes, you are looking at the page I'm having trouble with.  Do you see any issues with FF?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:09pm
Hi Alan - I didn't deploy this new redesign against the rest of the site yet. 

Hamish, what's interesting is that this was formerly a Microsoft bCentral site that we migrated to PC last year.   Thank goodness for the product import tool.  And the home page is managed via a little news CMS tool that we located a while back.  It's a pretty sucessful site.

I'm not sure what to do.  I see the page, including the RVP column, just fine.  But friends and staff who have looked at it and don't see data in that column literally see nothing rendered in that part of the HTML.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:19pm
Hi Greg,
    No I don't - looks fine to me. Do the people who ARE having problems check they are putting the indexdev.asp url in when they test it after selecting some products? They may just be  selecting the home page...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:29pm
No, for example, it was a staffer of mine who is actively working on the project, and another developer where I sent him the direct link since we were trying to debug.

I just switched to SWFOBJECT to run the slide show in case there is a conflict.  See any differences?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:46pm
Hi Greg,
  It still looks fine to me.
Another possibility - Are they going all the way down to product level on both IE and FF so that the Recent Products list is populated?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 1:52pm
Now tested it on XP & Vista - On FF/Vista I visited product pages FIRST and then indexdev & the list was empty - BUT when I then went off to product pages & came back it was populated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic