ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Corruption: "DuLTVDu" appearing in descriptions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corruption: "DuLTVDu" appearing in descriptions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corruption: "DuLTVDu" appearing in descriptions
    Posted: 06-February-2009 at 12:12pm
Well, we just had a very strange thing happen. Overnight the phrase "DuLTVDu" has been added throughout many product descriptions between the lines of descriptions - like where every line break or paragraph was. When I did a Google search on this term, many other Product Cart Stores came up in the listing, so I am thinking this is a PC issue. I will try to see if I can tell any pattern. The only thing we did was do an export of products for review. Has anyone else seen this?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 12:19pm
What version is your store?  Please file a support ticket right away.
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 12:49pm
Yep, already did. I have version 3.5b on a SQL 2008 database. Here is a snippet of code that shows it:

<div align="left"><span class="Section01">Shipping Information:</span></div>DuLTVDu
<div align="left"><span class="Emphasis01">Overall Weight:</span> 19 lb <span style="font-style: italic;">(+ packaging)</span></div>DuLTVDu
<div align="left"><span class="Emphasis01">Shipping: </span>5 Per Box #PCC1005</div>
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 3:13pm
Update: PC is working very hard to find the cause, but I am not sure it is the software's fault or weakness at all. I have a suspicion that possibly it might involve the upload and download of the spreadsheets to update the data. We have been doing a lot of that and we might be doing something wrong. That might be the common thread between the other PC stores I have seen affected. I just don't know yet. All I can say for sure is that PC jumped right on this, pronto, and I thank them.

Edited by carstone - 06-February-2009 at 3:15pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2009 at 1:36pm
We have determined that the issue very likely goes back to a problem in the Import Wizard. We are still researching exactly what is causing it and why, and we'll then post an update here, and a patch in the "Just In" section of the "Support Center".

What we do know at this point is that this is not the result of a security issue (e.g. SQL Injection).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
roknrod12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roknrod12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2009 at 12:25pm
I've recently noticed this on my store, too. Has there been any progress as to what is the cause and a fix?

Thanks.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2009 at 1:04pm
Hi,
   We know the cause, I'll check if there is a fix.
Basically the fix will be a re-import of the records, but I don't recall the exact issue in the code, or rather the issue in the imported data, that triggered this behaviour.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2009 at 4:31pm
Hi Rodney,
  I see you have raised a ticket & been supplied with an updated file.
For reference of anyone else who comes across this issue, it is related to the "Undo Import" feature, which most stores rarely use, the fix has been incorporated in all future updates.
hlwilson3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2009 at 12:16pm
Just noticed it in my store too. Do I need to start a support request or is there a patch for this?

Thanks,
H.L.

www.alpha-music.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2009 at 12:24pm
Hi H.L,
   Please raise a support ticket.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic