ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving ProductCart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving ProductCart
    Posted: 12-February-2009 at 12:45pm

Hello,

I am working on moveing are store to a new web host and sql host.

I have transfered over all the files and the sql database, the store front shows up as normal, I can log into the control panel as normal.

But so far two problems.
1: I tried to log into a customer account on the storefront and get
"An error has occurred in this store. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The error has been logged in the store database. The reference ID for this error is: . Write it down because you will need it to obtain more information about this error or to report the problem to our technical support team."

Would this have to do with the fact that I have not transfered the domain (dns) over to the new host yet?

2: I am checking all bases to make sure the move goes as planned, I attempted an update with the product import wizard, I used the same file I used to update my store with the old host, the new host sees the file, sees the map range, starts to update, takes awhile like normal, but at the end it says the import file is improperly formated, yet, it does look like it updated the products.

Only issue's that pop to mind is the old SQL server is version 2000, the new sql server is 2005, my migration of the sql database was used with "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio"

Thanks
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 12:53pm
On #1, your cplogs folder very likely does not have the correct permission.  Comment out the line at the top of /includes/opendb.asp so that the actual error appears if setting the correct permissions does not resolve the issue.

bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 1:03pm
cplogs looks to have read/write/delete as it should.

what lind in opendb.asp do you refer to, to comment out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 1:12pm
Sorry, fingers wer outpacing my thoughts.

Look for the first instance of "on error next".

Change that to
'on error next
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 1:17pm
Ok, thats what i tought, doing that gives an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error after attempting to log in on the store front.

So I tried it on some of the other lines that had "On Error Resume Next"
No 500 error but same result as before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 2:26pm
Check your browser setting.  Tools / Internet options / Advanced.  Look for "show friendly HTTP error messagess".  Uncheck that if it is checked.  Let us know if that reveals a different error message.
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 2:54pm
Here is what I got

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'idDbSession', table 'tekdragon.dbo.pcCustomerSessions'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

/productcart/pc/DBsv.asp, line 61

So that tells me there is an issue with the migration of SQL, will try another method of migrating the SQL database.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 3:17pm
The old host should pull a backup of the db, unless you were able to do so via the hosting account control panel, and the new host should restore it directly via SQL Studio.
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 3:21pm
yeah, that was the method I was going to try, just seems the backup/restore it puts directly onto the sql server, new host won't let me copy the backup file into thier backup directory, so guess I have to call them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic