ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mosso (RackSpace) Cloud Permissions Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mosso (RackSpace) Cloud Permissions Problem
    Posted: 24-March-2009 at 4:59pm
I set up an account at RackSpace to use their Mosso Cloud service.
I created the new account, uploaded PC, renamed pc and pcadmin folders
Installed SQL Database
Ran activation wizard
DB Connects

Get the following error when trying to activate:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/store/includes/PageCreateStoreConstants.asp, line 50

Checked permissions and all folders are currently set to 777.

Any ideas.  I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 5:15pm
Review the install instructions again.  You seem to have overlooked setting the folder permissions for the "includes" and "pcadmin" folders.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 5:26pm
In the Mosso Control Panel, go to the File Manager (https://manage.mosso.com/FileManager.do) and set permissions as shown below:
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
ammonihah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 5:40pm
Permissions are already exactly as you indicate below.  I was in error in my first post that the folders were set to 777.  They were all 775.  Is there anything else that could be causing this.  If I have disasterstuff.com running on another host and I am trying to get it installed here using a temporary url, would this cause any problems?
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 5:40pm
Keep in mind that you may have to contact the Support Staff at Mosso and have them set the permissions manually.  Mosso, although having the ability to create Windows accounts, still runs on Linux (it is Windows running inside a Linux container which is not the same as running Windows on a Windows server). 

Besides being a pretty cool environment conceptually, what does that mean for you?  Well Linux uses CHMOD (CHange MODe) permissions which are not even remotely the same as Windows File/Folder Permissions (which you do not have in the Mosso Environment).  You might be able to get away with setting 777 permissions (read/write/execute) on the Includes and PCAdmin (except for the Other users grouping as the graphic above indicates) but if you do not get a pass in the ProductCart Control Panel Troubleshooting Utility screen and the error does not go away, then call their support (just be sure to tell them specifically they are not allowed to make any code changes in the ProductCart directory and that is application requires Windows File/Folder Permissions for what would be the equivalent of the IUSR_ in a normal windows setup). 

As long as you do not let them tinker with the code, they are pretty good at helping out with things like emulating Windows permissions in their environment.

Good Luck

Edited by cognecy - 24-March-2009 at 7:19pm
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 1:44pm
ammonihah,

I was just checking to see if you were able to get the permissions issue resolved with Mosso and if you was able to get your website up and running properly?
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ammonihah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 2:25pm
No.  I have been on chat and on the phone with them for a total of 3 hours over several days and still no luck.  Pretty frustrating for something that shouldn't be that hard.  The last tech I chatted with this morning submitted a ticket to someone higher up.  I am waiting.

I am curious if anybody is actually using the latests product cart with Mosso Cloud.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 2:32pm
We have a test store at Mosso. I think we used Filezilla to set the permissions.  Let's wait and see what Mosso support says.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2009 at 12:34pm
As we mentioned above, ProductCart runs just fine in the Rackspace Cloud Hosting environment (Mosso). There are some limitations (see notes below), but folder permissions are definitely not an issue according to our first-hand experience with the system.

However, you need to create a Web site that uses Windows as the default technology. Since you can create unlimited Web sites and you are charged based on usage, not based on the number of sites you have, you should create a new Web site in the Mosso Control Panel if your existing Web site uses Unix/Apache as the default technology.

When creating the new Web site, you will come to a page that offers you the following selection:

Choosing%20the%20right%20default%20technology%20at%20Mosso.com%20%28Rackspace%20Cloud%20Hosting%29

Make sure to select Windows Server 2008/IIS 7 as your default technology. Our own experience shows that you should not have any problems running ProductCart on Rackspace Cloud Hosting as long as you select Windows as your default technology.

A few more notes on the Mosso environment (as of March 2009 and according to our research):
  • Only CDOSYS is available as the e-mail component
  • The "Image Upload & Resize" feature does work (so those server components are available)
  • Payment gateway server-side components are typically not installed (e.g. PayPal PayFlow Pro) and installation has to be approved by one of the server cluster administrators (you will need to contact the Mosso technical support team). There is no guarantee that they will agree to install the components that you need to use. So if you are committed to running your store there, make sure to choose a payment gateway that does not require any server-side components (most don't).
  • There might be more issues that we are not aware of. Our experience is limited to running a ProductCart-powered test store in the Mosso environment. We do not have experience running a production store there.
We hope this helps.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
mimpoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimpoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2009 at 10:06am
we are running a few sites on mosso hosting. We set the permissions in fileZilla - you just need to check recurse into subdirectories.
We do have 2 issues which we hope to resolve.
1.When you use the seo upgrade(static html pages) We create a web.config with a custom 404 - that works fine except when there is an error it sends you on to the 404 page
2.When trying to upload large files it sometimes errors out no suitable nodes.
Any reslotion to this problem? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic