ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incomplete orders hitting quickbooks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incomplete orders hitting quickbooks?
    Posted: 04-August-2009 at 1:34pm
I have a problem...

If a customer starts an order, yet does NOT complete it- I now have an "incomplete order".
Thats no problem.

When i sync with quickbooks though, this order is pulled in just like any other order where my customer entered his net30 or CC#.

How can i change this so that incomplete orders do NOT sync?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 1:37pm
Which Add-On are you using?  The new one (ProductCart Synchronizer), or the older one?
e4h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 1:55pm
The new one. ProductCart Synchronizer. 
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 2:08pm
Are you using on-demand export?  The auto export filters the orders explicitly by status code.  An order is not allowed to export unless it reaches one of the status codes you selected in preferences.  Please open a QuickBooks support ticket and show us an example from your control panel.  If there is a bug you of course will not use up one of your support incidents.

Edited by Matt - 04-August-2009 at 2:08pm
e4h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 2:34pm
I am using the on-demand.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 2:41pm
Ok.  So the issue is that incomplete orders are on the short list.  You cannot tell which are incomplete in the short view and have selected to export some of them.  We will discuss the issue internally to determine the best solution.  In the meantime, you will need to view the order details to ensure the order you export is at the appropriate status level.
e4h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 3:15pm
On the auto update, will the synchronizer change the payment status any online orders that i have updated (marked paid) a payment for in QuickBooks?

For example, customers who pay by check in Net 30 terms.
The reason i ask- 2 systems have to be updated at this time.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 3:25pm
No, changes to an invoice in QuickBooks do not go back to ProductCart.

Unless you are sending invoices from QuickBooks we recommend that you wait until the order is processed and then export it as a sales receipt. 
e4h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2009 at 3:27pm
Thanks, I figured that would be the case.
Luckily my Net30 Orders aren't as common as prepaid. 
e4h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2009 at 12:10pm
having a few issues still:

1:
for wholesale accounts, the purchase order number we require for wholesalers does not come over into QB. how do we get this done?

2:
As for the topic of not downloading Incomplete orders, we really need to fix this in the following field of the Export Order Preferences for Product Cart Synchronizer. Per the example below, all other order statuses can be selected or not. otherwise, we should probably de-select pending and processed.

Export Orders when they reach any of the following statuses:  
 Pending
 Processed
 Shipped
 Cancelled
 Return
 Partially Shipped
 Shipping
 Partially Returned
 Delivered (Google Checkout Only)
 Archived (Google Checkout Only)

If incomplete was part of this list we would be able to solve this problem.
Perhaps something to consider in the next update?

3:
Next topic:

Would you like to mark your invoice "To be Printed"?  
 - Yes.
 - No.

With this selected since the beginning of setting up Synchronizer, all invoices still come over as 'To Be Printed'. also, does this apply to sales receipts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic