FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Analytics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thrion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Analytics
    Posted: 14-July-2006 at 9:22pm
Hi Teena,

We use GA and are working at the richer ecommerce tracking you are talking about, I'll let you know when we get it all worked out.
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2006 at 7:52am

We have not used the Google Ecommerce analytics but your entries look correct with the following exceptions:
1. You have an extra closing bracket after the quantity field.
2. Shipment details would need to be parsed to get just the shipping amount.
3. You can't just use those field names, you actually have to populate the hidden form with real values from the confirm page.
4. The UTM:I section should be repeated for each item in the order.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Teena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 6:36pm

Netprofits - if I'm folliwing you, all I have to do is create a second header, i.e., header2.asp that includes the body onLoad call and then put that include in the orderComplete.asp file.  Do I have that right?

Also,  wondering if you could help - the first Form is Google's directions; The second one are the variables I believe cooridnate in Product Cart - can you verify that I have the I have replaced Googles's [  ] with the correlating db item from Product Cart?    Thanks for your help.

<body onLoad="javascript:__utmSetTrans()">

<form style="display:none;" name="utmform">
<textarea id="utmtrans">UTM:T|[order-id]|[affiliation]|
[total]|[tax]| [shipping]|[city]|[state]|[country] UTM:I|[order-id]|[sku/code]|[productname]|[category]|[price]|
[quantity] </textarea>
</form>

<form style="display:none;" name="utmform">
<textarea id="utmtrans">UTM:T| idOrder |
total | taxAmount | shipmentDetails | city | stateCode | countryCode
UTM:I| idOrder | sku | description| unitPrice|
quantity]</textarea>
</form>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 5:29pm

The body tag is in the header.asp page. You could copy header.asp to a new file like header2.asp and then modify the ordercomplete.asp to include header2.asp instead of header.asp and change the body tag in the header2.asp file to have the code you need. Just make sure you finish all you modifications to header.asp first or you will need to backwrite changes to header2.asp.

If you are familiar with ASP you could just write code in header.asp to detect the page name and then insert your Google code in the body tag when you detect the ordercomplete.asp page.

Our Site
Teena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 5:18pm

Actually I should have been more clear.  The Google tracking code in the header or footer is no problem.

What I really meant was has anyone set up Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking with Product Cart?

It would require some code manipulation due to the there not being any <body> tags on the ordercomplete.asp page.

Google gives more and deeper information than my hosting company.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 5:08pm
Most web hosting services will include stats with your web site account. You may want to check if you have that before taking the time to setup Google Analytics.

Our Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 5:06pm

We have not used Google Analytics with Product Cart but you should be able to add your tracking code to the footer.asp page to allow you to track all Product Cart pages. Google actual mentions in their explanation of setting up the tracking code that it can be added to a common include file or template. So the footer.asp is probably the best place for it. If you have static pages on your web site that don't use the Product Cart footer, you would need to paste your tracking code into those pages separately.

Our Site
Teena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2006 at 4:22pm

Has anyone integrated Google Analytics with Product Cart?

Any help would be great.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic