ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is your experience w free/$$ site templates?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your experience w free/$$ site templates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2009 at 12:48am
Thank you for your feedback.

I may look to use some these, or at least try them.

Currently, I am working with a designer to create a logo.  I'm hoping to have a logo or some concepts with the a week or so.  I will keep everyone posted...hopefully I will post some samples/concepts.

Regards.
Martin
http://www.simplyathletic.com
simplyathleticgear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 10:00am
Hello, I have received the first draft of the logo. Not quite what I was looking for, but here it is for your viewing pleasure :)

Here was my feedback to the designer:
I prefer the colour scheme of logo #1. I think it's a great start, but I didn't get the "THIS IS IT!" feeling -- I'm sure you know what I mean. What if we tried to give it a more "realistic and athletic" look/feel? I'm not sure how this can be done...what if we tried using a silhouette of a person "in action"? Also, the "blue dot" in the logo is powerful...too powerful, so it should not be the main eye catcher of the logo. This needs to be taken out or incorporated differently (I understand that it is the horizontal part of the "A", but the eye focuses on it too much.)

Also, the wrong site name is in the logo (simplyathleticgear.com -- simplyathletic.com was registered).

In brief, the vision statement is the following:
"To be the leading online retailer of athletic equipment by providing quality products and exceptional service."

I know that there are many experts here, so I would appreciate any additional feedback!

Regards.

Edited by simplyathleticgear - 11-November-2009 at 10:09am
Martin
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 10:24am
I get the first one and actually like it.  I see red (its more orange) for exercise or burning calories, and blue for a healthy lifestyle.  I also get the shapes of the colors.  I would say add the G in green (for perhaps outdoor activity) and you have a nice logo.
Lust my little input.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 10:52am
That's awesome feedback...I like how you connected the colours to "exercise" and blue to "healthy lifestyle"...and green for "outdoor". I never thought of positioning the company brand in this way, but I like it.

What do you think about incorporating "gears" into the logo? This would be to help give a more visual representation of the site name. For example, a silhouette of a person, but the person is made up of gears? I don't know, I'm just thinking on my feet.

Thanks.
Martin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 10:58am
...mind you, I'm not sure if the concept of 'gears' can be incorporated into the first concept without making it too busy...

Regards.
Martin
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 10:59am
I agree with Katharina on the colours. The word 'Athletic' would suggest something more vibrant.

I also can't resist making a note of Katharinas last post 'Lust my little input' !

Nigel

Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 11:02am
lol...good catch @intour :)

Red = Energy / Burning Calories
Blue = Athletic / Athleticism
Green = Healthy Living

Thoughts?
Martin
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 11:04am
I'm no design expert, but here's my two cents worth.

The logo, with the words underneath is quite "tall", so in your sites header it would either need to be quite small, or you would end up with a tall header, taking a lot of screen space. Of course that comment is completely dependent on your site design! One option, have a variation with the text to the side.
- I can see the logo has energy, but If I was presented with either of them without the text
 I would think of :
   - For the first one, water into steam? Cooking / Energy  ??
   - For the second, A coffee brand perhaps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplyathleticgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 11:10am
That's a good point @Hamish. Most people will only see the picture/image, so this is great feedback...I have passed it on to the designer.

Your comment enforces my original request to the designer to make it more "athletic" or "sporty"...curious to see what he comes up with.

Regards.
Martin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

I'm no design expert, but here's my two cents worth.

The logo, with the words underneath is quite "tall", so in your sites header it would either need to be quite small, or you would end up with a tall header, taking a lot of screen space. Of course that comment is completely dependent on your site design! One option, have a variation with the text to the side.    

Ditto. This is exactly my concern here. You want to be conscious of the page real estate the logo is taking up, especially in terms of the height it is forcing the header to be. There is a relatively limited amount of space "above the fold" you have to really pull a visitor in, so you don't want your header wasting much of that. Ideally I try to keep headers down to 90 px, but never more than 120 px if at all possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic