ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Product details do not show on configure product
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product details do not show on configure product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highgravity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product details do not show on configure product
    Posted: 21-November-2009 at 5:23pm
In ver 3.5, when we told a bto product to skip the Product Details Page, the product details showed up on the configure product page.  This was very handy for items that were required to  be customized because it is one less click that the customer has to make.

It appear that this feature had been removed from ver 4.  I didn't realize this till a customer called and informed me he couldn't find find any product information for our grains.

We have 30ish products I had to go and reconfigure to show the Product Details Page.  We didn't want to have ti setup this way.  Please consider fixing this in future patches.

Desiree Knott

High Gravity Homebrewing & Winemaking Supplies

7142 S Memorial Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74133

(918) 461-2605

desiree@highgravitybrew.com

http://www.highgravitybrew.com

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2009 at 5:53pm
Hi Desiree,
   I tested this and I was unable to replicate the issue. Please raise a support ticket.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2010 at 9:32pm
The same issue is on my store as well, and probably on any v4 store. I thought it was the same way on 3.5? but oh well..

You can just put <%=pDetails%> in the configurePrd.asp page just before the configurable options section
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2010 at 7:33pm
Sorry, that info wasn't quite correct. Here's how I got long description to show up on my configurePrd.asp page:

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                         ' START: product configuration table
                         '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                         %>
          <div id="pagecontent">
          <h2 class="tabset_label">Table of Contents</h2>
          <ul class="tabset_tabs">
            <li><a href="#config" class="active">Configure and Buy</a></li><li><a href="#details">More Information</a></li>
          </ul>
          <div id="config" class="tabset_content">
            <h2 class="tabset_label">Configure and Buy</h2>
            <%
                                   pcs_BTOConfigTable
            %>
          </div>
          <div id="details" class="tabset_content">
            <h2 class="tabset_label">More Information</h2>
            <%
                                   pcs_LongProductDescription
                              %>
          </div>
          </div>
          <%
                         ' END: product configuration table

You can see the area where the product configuration usually goes. I wrapped those in some tab divs so the customer can toggle back and forth between details and config. You can see it in action at http://www.liftchair.com/Regal-6p272-config.htm

Edited by Brett - 06-May-2010 at 7:34pm
highgravity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highgravity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 1:24pm
Can you tell me exactly where you placed this in the code? I'm not exactly sure where to place it.
Desiree Knott

7142 S Memorial Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74133

(918) 461-2605

Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2010 at 8:43pm
Desiree,

Please let me know if you still want to incorporate this into your store. I'll be happy to walk you through the process over the telephone or on these forums. Sorry for the slow response, apparently I didn't enable any kind of email notification.
highgravity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highgravity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2010 at 12:36pm
Brett,
I wold love some help.  I looked at your website.  Looks like you know what your doing. :-)

I don't really want a tabbed version though. I just want the top of the configure page to show the product details.  I'm not sure where to place the code for this to happen.

If you could let me know where to put it along with the code, that would be very helpful.

Desiree Knott

7142 S Memorial Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74133

(918) 461-2605

Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2010 at 2:36pm
Hey, currently doing a backup of my site. I will get you a modified version of the necessary file(s) some time today. I'll make sure to comment it well so you can see what was changed.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2010 at 2:14pm
*edit*

Heh... that was the code for multiple images on config page. Wrong thread! Few minutes and I'll get you the solution for long desc on config page, It's much simpler.

Edited by Brett - 02-June-2010 at 2:44pm
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2010 at 2:59pm
Ok, so you want to add this code to configurePrdCode.asp:

' START: Long Product Description
Public Sub pcs_LongProductDescription
' Display long product description if there is a short description
     if psDesc <> "" then %>
          <table class="pcShowContent">
               <tr>
                    <td><a name="details"> </a></td>
               </tr>
               <tr>
                    <td class="pcSectionTitle">
                         <%=dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_viewPrd_22")%>
                    </td>
               </tr>
               <tr>
                    <td style="padding:8px;">
                         <%=pDetails%>
                    </td>
               </tr>
               <tr>
                    <td>
                         <%
                         response.write "<div align='right'><a href='#top'>" & dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_viewPrd_23") & "</a></div>"
                         %>
                    </td>
               </tr>
          </table>
<%
     end if
End Sub
' END: Long Product Description

It's a sub, so it probably doesn't matter where it goes. I put it
between:

' END: Disallow purchasing. Quote Submission only
...and...
' START: Show SKU

...Then, you need to add
pcs_LongProductDescription
...to configurePrd.asp - this will call the sub.

You'll probably want to put it between:
' END: javascript for calculations
...and...
' START: product configuration table

That way it comes up before the configuration table.

Let me know if that works. Otherwise, please upload your configurePrd.asp and configurePrdCode.asp somewhere and I'll edit them for you. Should be quick change ;)

Brett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic