ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One Page Checkout: Love it? Hate it? Fine with it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Page Checkout: Love it? Hate it? Fine with it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 3:01am
I agree that the option to create an account to log into existing account should not be part of the OPC. Many things could be happening here in the background, and it is less psychologically traumatizing.

I'd go so far as claiming this isn't really part of the OPC; it's more about recognizing who a customer is before getting into that process.

For example, if someone shopping as a wholesaler hadn't logged in yet, that would change a lot of what is displayed in the OPC.

Maybe more important is this option itself and this stage of process so's new customers aren't overwhelmed.
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 11:26am
Thank for your feedback - All very good to know. I understand how complex the checkout page is and didn't mean to minimize the efforts that have gone into it. The guys got my upgrade fee so that I could get the code after all :) I still think that applying some design and layout to my own site will give it the feel I'm looking for (similar to the feel of hosted shopping cart checkouts) without conflicting with the superior features and options PC offers over those other carts. The page just isn't what I expected visually so I know I have my work cut out adding some styling to match some of my wishes, but will be limited by the existing code and that's fine.

So to reiterate before I leave it to rest, the features are what I'm here for and I'll work with what's given to me. I think OPC is far superior to other checkouts. I recognize that my primary issues were design related and I can customize the look to my customer base without conflicting with features. And I trust that EI is always looking for ways to improve and if there's a way they will. I've always been more than happy so far.

amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 11:52am
We love OPC and Guest Checkout.  We used to get phone calls every day with people that needed help ordering from our shop (PC 2.76p).  Those are thankfully gone now with PC 4.0.
Thumbs%20Up
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2010 at 1:01pm
Some interesting on-topic stuff found at link below

http://www.proimpact7.com/ecommerce-blog/one-page-checkout-5-reasons-why-not/
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic