ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meta Tag Management on "Special Pages"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meta Tag Management on "Special Pages"
    Posted: 12-April-2010 at 11:31pm
Version 4 of PC offered some interesting new CMS features regarding Content pages -- namely that you can now have parent/child relationships between them and that you can now manage meta tags for them in the CP.

Following on this advancement, I think it is a logical and simple leap to provide the option to add management of meta tags to the "Special Pages", namely:
  • Home Page
  • Featured Products
  • Best Sellers
  • New Arrivals
  • Recently Reviewed
  • Specials

With this refinement of how PC is already evolving, it's very simple and efficient for merchants to provide a CP user account to their SEO folks and let them get to work without having to futz over FTP access to things they won't be able to change there much anyways.

PS: Currently access cannot be given to a CP user to access the Pages tab. The fix for this is here: ProductCart_v4.0_SP3_Content_Pages_Fixes_032710.zip

PPS: I really think that it would be MUCH more intuitive to place "Manage Special Pages" under the Pages tab rather than the Marketing tab. While the legacy options on these pages have been more about marketing, now with the new CMS orientation, it's more intuitive to think of them as pages, me thinks (as do other developers, designers and merchants I've crossed this subject with).
modaxpressplus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modaxpressplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2010 at 5:15pm
To have a way to provide a CP user account to our SEO people and let them work without excess to FTP is a good piece of mind for a merchant like us. Thanks to Sean Connors. We will be using this. And as for placing "Manage Special pages" under the Page tab sound's just logical.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic