FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ProductCart 3 v. Miva Merchant 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 12:06pm
We have not used Miva ourselves but we had one client who was using Miva (about 2 years ago) and found it very difficult to maintain his site with it. He is fairly technical and knows HTML but just felt Miva was hard to use as the merchant.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 11:01am

I haven't done a transfer but know a tiny bit about Miva as I checked it out pre ProductCart.

For me downloadable products was absolutely vital matced to flexible categories and previewing the music.   I checked out Atinic etc which supposed focus on these but they didn't compare to PC well.   I must have demo-ed 20 or so packages without any exageration from opensource packages to full on large e-commerce packages. 

Miva in v5 doens't do downloadable products so it wasn't an option for me.  Even in version 4 it was a mod a third party did rather than integral to the product.

Aspects that concerned me about Miva were:

1.  Looked very complex in configuration with extra tool kits etc although this made it very flexible.

2.  Seems to feature a lot of extra paid additional modules, rather the core components.

3.  Like you, I couldn't really get to grips with what actually it was.

4.  The experience time to market for set-up / config in the forums seemed longer than I was aiming for.

These are only perceptions and being here, I ended up with PC so I'm bound to have a partial view.   There are of course viable alternatives to ProductCart, some of which looked more viable for my use as alternatives.

Rather than do a sales job here for EarlyImpact, if you need any experiences or thoughts of strengths / weaknesses feel free to email directly.

cheers

Mark

locojones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 6:27am
I've scoured the internet for comparisons of the two products, and they simply don't exist. While PC has a full list of features on its site (thank you!), Miva speaks in generalities. And aside from merely playing with the online demos (of which Miva's is the better designed to show off functionality), I don't know where to get more information.

Is there anyone here who has used both products and switched to PC? If so, could you decribe why?

I'm really torn between which to choose and why, and I'm not sure where else to look for info.

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic