ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum No. within a BTO category

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum No. within a BTO category
    Posted: 08-June-2010 at 12:21pm
A potential customer has asked me a couple of questions and I'm wondering if anyone else had a need for something similar:

1. On the BTO configuration page can a maximum number be placed on the options 
for example: if option a) is selected then the maximum number is say 8 but if option b) is selected then the maximum number is say 6.

In this particular examplpe it refers to chassis for a computer drive bay as part of a system. If chassis a0 is chosen then you can select up to a maximum of 8 hard drives to ship with it but if chassis b) is chosen this only allows a maximum of 6

2. if a Motherboard is chosen for the same system it can only support certain memory. I can restrict the type of memory to choose using Conflict Manager but what I need to do is restrict the total amount of memory that can be orders for that specific motherboard. If it only supports 4gb of RAM we don't want the customer ordeering 8gb.

I have a feeling this might require some custom coding.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
Nathan-Conbrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan-Conbrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2013 at 10:52pm
Did you ever find a solution Nigel? I'm in a similar position.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic