ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom programming logic for shipping rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srinioleti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom programming logic for shipping rates
    Posted: 18-August-2010 at 11:43am
Dear Forum Members,

Some of the items in our store does not fit into any of the given shipping providers (UPS, FedEx, USPS). So I thought of implementing my own logic for those specific products. So at any point of time customer order could have items sipping calculated from UPS and our own (combined). We will flag all our custom shipping products as "over size" as will calculate shipping for that. At the same time UPS also calculating shipping charges for those "over size" marked items. I would like to pass only regular items to UPS and over sized items to our custom service. Can you please suggest me how Can I pass only normal items to UPS service.

Your help in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you,
Srini.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2010 at 1:00pm
You will have to dig into shiprates.asp and understand the inner workings of that script.  Once you make your changes, then it's just a matter of testing.  Beyond that, I'm uncertain that we can really guide you at a deeper level as the complexity of this planned mod is very high.  Good luck.
srinioleti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srinioleti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2010 at 2:23pm
Thank you Greg. I appreciate your time and input.

Regards,
Srini.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic