ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change customer default pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkyfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change customer default pricing
    Posted: 17-August-2006 at 5:26pm
Does anybody know of a way to change the customer default from retail to wholesale when they register? I want my customers to be able to register to see the wholesale pricing without my intervention. I'm using V2.76.
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 12:38am
I too would like to know this, anyone to help!
Sawan S Ruparel
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 7:23am

You would need to modify the page that saves new customers during registration (SaveNewCust.asp) to set the CustomerType to Wholesale Customer.

Are you allowing people to purchase and checkout using retail pricing? And only those who pre-register get wholesale pricing? If you want everyone to get your wholesale pricing, then you'll also need to modify the routine for when new customers checkout to set them to wholesale customers. This may be more involved because you need to have their shopping cart calculate new prices based on the wholesale amounts.

You should determine if you will charge sales tax to wholesale customers. Most likely you will as it sounds like these are not really wholesale customers. Check the option under the View/Edit Tax Options for "Tax Wholesale Customers".

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Inkyfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkyfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 1:02pm

Thanks Netprofits, you were right. Just needed to change the customerType variable from "0" to "1".

For anybody else interested, copy this code and replace same paragraph in savenewCust.asp.

query="INSERT INTO customers (name, lastName, customerCompany, phone, email, address, zip, state, stateCode, city, CountryCode,[password], customerType,IDRefer,CI1,CI2,address2,RecvNews) VALUES ('" &replace(pName,"'","''")& "','"  &replace(pLastName,"'","''")& "','" &replace(pCustomerCompany,"'","''")& "','" &pPhone& "','" &pEmail& "','" &replace(pAddress,"'","''") & "','" &pZip& "','" &replace(pState,"'","''")& "','" &pStateCode& "','" &replace(pCity,"'","''")& "','" &pCountryCode& "','" &pEncryptedPassword& "',1," & IDRefer & ",'" & replace(CI1,"'","''") & "','" & replace(CI2,"'","''") & "','" &replace(pAddress2,"'","''") & "'," & CRecvNews & ")"
set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
set rs=connTemp.execute(query)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic