ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sandbox with ProC - trying new changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey_ULA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sandbox with ProC - trying new changes
    Posted: 23-February-2011 at 9:30am
Hello.

I maintain (from a web design company) a company's website and I am wanting to implement several gross changes to styles and utilize more of ProC's features.   Is there a means for me to use the licence we own for experiments without altering the live store? Or is there a test version of ProC?

Casey
Casey
Fun Facilitator
www.ula-equipment [d]com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2011 at 9:41am
Casey - we frequently copy the store folder to a development copy for just that very purpose.  If your host has not changed, I'm sure thay they are familiar with the necesssary permissions needed.  Just have them copy the store folder to storedev, and apply the appropriate permissions.  Then edit the /includes/productcartfolder.asp file to reflect "storedev" instead of "store".

This is the approach we take for applying new site designs, for upgrading to new versions, and for performing programming changes - all outside of public view.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic