ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Registration Feature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benissimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Registration Feature
    Posted: 29-June-2011 at 4:09pm
I didn't see anything of the like in v4.1 SP2 and was curious if anyone else would use a product registration feature. We sell items that are registered via snail mail after a sale/delivery consisting of normal customer information (name, addy, city, etc.).

It would be nice to toggle this option in the product configuration allowing customers to register their purchase online via a link in the confirmation email. The registration information would in turn be tied to their corresponding purchase for internal reference.

Food for thought and if this does exist, please let me know.

Thanks.

Cheers
"So shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 4:20pm
This is not a supported feature of PC.  It would be useful for you to know that EI tends to respond to those requests for features that have wide applicability as opposed to individual requests.  With all the stores we have built, this is the first I've heard of such a request, so I doubt it's going to be on EI's development roadmap.  (I'm sure they will respond if I have this wrong.)

With that said, if you need a developer to create a custom solution, you may want to ask the various CPDs http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/partners-dev.asp to see what it would take to build it.  We'd be happy to respond if you contact us on such a request.
Benissimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benissimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 4:38pm
Hi Greg,

Understood and thank you for your feedback. When time allots, we'll probably build something to handle this. I was just curious if anyone else might have a need for something like this which doesn't sound like it's the case.

Thanks again and take it easy.

Cheers
"So shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic