ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Surcharge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terencef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Surcharge
    Posted: 15-September-2011 at 3:21pm
Hi; I have BTO products that use the First Unit Surcharge feature; I understand that this gets rolled into the shipping costs but the final shipping costs are much lower than the FedEx site displays when I compare rates that their site displays and what the WS API's return to PC.

Is there any other way to determine what rates are sent back to PC?

Thanks
terencef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terencef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2011 at 6:15am
Just want to find out if anyone is monitoring the forum. Is this a bug? Has anyone tried this feature to see if it works?

Thanks
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2011 at 12:02pm
Make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. Typically a different in rates is due to one or more variables being different. For example, see this KB (it talks about UPS, but many of the same concepts remain valid): http://www.earlyimpact.com/faqs/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=378
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
terencef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terencef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2011 at 9:02pm
Thanks - but I want to know why the surcharge in the BTO (first) item configuration does not work.
terencef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terencef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2011 at 6:48am
I'd like to post this again - why does the Shipping Surcharge not take effect? I've tried to use the first and additional unit field entries and none of them add this to the cart price.

Can the product team weigh in on this? The WIKI does not specify if it's specific to standard or BTO items. I have to use this and it's over a month since I posted this request.

Thanks
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2011 at 6:51am
Hi,
   Where is the shipping surcharge defined, on the BTO Product or a BTO item?
stevefilmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2012 at 7:32pm
Having a very similar issue. Our BTO configure pages have products that you can add that have shipping surcharges assigned to them. Problem is when the customer checks out the only shipping surcharge that is added is the base BTO product. What is happening to the shipping surcharge for the added products?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2012 at 2:52pm
I think products used as BTO ITEMS (components of a BTO Product) probably do not have any shipping surcharges which are configured in them as individual products carried across. Think of a computer with configurable components. Should shipping surcharges on items such as hard drives be carried across into the main product? I suspect not. I guess it depends on what the BTO product is, but I suspect the answer is more normally no.  I'll need to test my conjecture to confirm it is the case, but I suspect it's how it is operating & is by design.       
stevefilmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2012 at 4:01pm
Hi Hammish, thanks for your thoughts on this. 

Your point about "I guess it depends on what the BTO product is" is valid. How about a computer and you want to add a monitor? I think you would agree that shipping would make sense in that instance. Would be great if you could turn on/off that feature or if there was a way to tweak the BTO to carry across the shipping surcharges. Please help. Any ideas?
Thanks!
-Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic