ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attributes Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kaydubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2011 at 9:36pm
Sorry for all the noobness! So I have my file uploaded with all the colors I wanted for my products but I was not able to figure out a way to enter the "Attributes Code", the column in the database was not made available to me during mapping. Is there a way around this or will I be manually entering in the PC Control Panel for now?

Thanks!
kaydubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2011 at 8:21pm
Ok, playing around with it more, I was able to upload my file via FTP (yes, I made sure to clear formats and everything under XLS and CVS extensions). Then used the wizard to upload my file.

I am guessing, the answer is no I cannot just have the options columns only to update options and attributes, must I make a dummy item in order to enable this?

Here are some screen shots.

Excel sheet and columns - http://screencast.com/t/3YIwPnZDh

Will update this as progress follows.

kaydubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2011 at 5:22pm
Hello All!
 New to PC and new to the forum. I am trying to put together an XLS file for upload and I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly.

I want to create a worksheet to upload my options and attributes for products. So I have columns from the template file found in the wiki in my sheet:
  • Option 1
  • Attributes 1
  • Option 1 Requuired
 and this repeats to Option 5. For my first option (Color), am I correct that I add all the colors that I want in the Attributes 1 column? and would I add it like this?

red*black*blue*white*gray
and so on?

Also in the Apparel Add-on, there is a section for "Attribute Code" I would like to add shortened color codes, so that black would look like "blk" and so on, is there a way for me to do this in my XLS sheet? Do I add another column to my excel sheet named "Attribute Codes 1"? or something else?

Again, I am new to PC so please forgive me if this is a repeat question but I was not able to find answers in this forum or the wiki.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic