ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non ROOT install of BTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
theone85ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non ROOT install of BTO
    Posted: 01-March-2012 at 2:47pm
Gearhost is doing the hosting. They've been great and it worked with them on the subdomain. Not sure why it didnt work this time around. If I get the 500 error again ill have them turn on detailed errors or at least tell me whats happening.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 2:44pm
that should work.  you need to get your host to work with you to nuke that lame 500 error and reveal the actual error message.  who is hosting the site?
theone85ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 2:36pm
Hey All,

Is there any reason that ProductCart BTO cannot be run from a folder other than ROOT at a domain?

For example I was running BTO from a subdomain but Id like to move it to 'mydomain.com/build' rather than 'build.mydomain.com'. Is PC BTO going to have a problem with this or should it be fine? I should note that I will be having a front end to the website managed by something other than BTO that will have other folders attached to it, for instance 'mydomain.com/folder1' and 'mydomain.com/folder2' etc.

I tried this before and was getting some strange 500 errors just after the initial setup stage. Im going to attribute that botched install to another CMS I was running at the domain root and a URL Rewrite I had in place.

Thanks,
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic