ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Date of product added

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Date of product added
    Posted: 06-March-2012 at 8:24pm

Hi,

I may have missed it but is there, or could there be, a field added so that it is possible to
see the date a product is added and/or the date a product is made active in the products detail page?

(I some times add products well before I make it active so maybe made active would be better.)

This suggestion is made so that it is easily possible to determine how many of a given item is
sold over the period of time it was for sale.

Dave
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2012 at 12:38am
Hi Dave,

The date added and the date modified are stored in the database. These data are just not used anywhere in the Control Panel or the front end end of the site (save for "New Arrivals" page).

To display them on a product detail page is just a matter of calling these fields in the database query on viewPrd.asp and writing them out on the viewPrdC.asp, viewPrdL.asp and/or viewPrdO.asp you may be using for your display.

The field name in the products table for the date added is "pcprod_EnteredOn"; for date modified it's "pcProd_EditedDate". There is no field to tack when the product was "activated/made active" as that is not standard functionality. To handle this would require some customizations.
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2012 at 6:32pm
Did you figure this out yet? If not, I added this to our product detail page a long time ago. I can give u instructions.
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2012 at 12:15pm
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

But, please do send the directions.

Dave
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2012 at 12:52pm
What version of PC are you on? If you want... just send me modifyProduct.asp from you admin folder... and I will update it for you.

Edited by whizzinpc - 21-March-2012 at 12:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic