ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help customizing BTO configurePrd page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed-Web Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help customizing BTO configurePrd page
    Posted: 18-March-2012 at 2:08pm
Is there anyone who would be available to customize the BTO product ordering page so the selections appear side by side instead of below one another?  May list 2 or 3 across before moving down to the next row?  My customer doesn't like the empty space and the long list of options on a long scrolling page.   See http://173.240.57.91/organic-catering/pc/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=439 
Chris Moss
Ed-Web Design, Inc
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 2:24pm
Hi Chris,

We have done a lot of work with BTO.  Unless the BTO items/categories were extremely predictable, I have a suspicion that a multi-column arrangement is going to be a real drag.  Others may have a different view, but that's my feedback.  I think it might be tough.  Do you have artwork showing how you feel this would appear once done?

In that case we used our "tabbed product page" feature, and merged the tabs fields into the middle column of configurePrd.asp.  (Our mod normally touches viewPrd.asp, the product detail page.)

Something like that, if your client was open to his description running down the middle, and the bto items on the right, might be much easier to pull off.  By squeezing the description (and perhaps other content) into the center, that's going to push it down the page a bit.  Then the BTO items would fit in next to it. 

Would that work at all?
Ed-Web View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed-Web Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 2:54pm
That might work.  I can ask my client first and let you know.  I also have another urgent request for custom reporting.   Would you be interested in helping write a custom report (possibly today).
Chris Moss
Ed-Web Design, Inc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 3:01pm
Contact me via my site please.  I'm not certain, unless this is very simple, that we can accomodate anything today.  Perhaps during the week if it's small.
Ed-Web View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed-Web Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 3:27pm
I did contact you earlier today via your site.   I just need help as soon as I can get it on this report.  I've put the word out to a few companies for help but would prefer to work with someone who knows ProductCart and how the BTO orders are stored.  I think it's a fairly easy request.
Chris Moss
Ed-Web Design, Inc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 3:45pm
I received no such e-mail.  send to greg AT greybearddesign.com please.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic