ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cross Selling Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross Selling Questions
    Posted: 23-March-2012 at 5:13pm
Josh

Maybe using BTO version would work for what you need. BTO products can only be purchased with it's parent item.

Alan
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2012 at 12:13am
Sean:
The first post doesn't make a lot of sense, I realize.

The first question:
The store sells a mtb bike frame.  The frame has two or three rear shock options.  The customer could choose to purchase the frame by it self or with one of the shocks.  The company doesn't want to sell the shocks by themselves.  So we would like to have the shocks in the system but only available through the cross sell features.  Apparel option would make the most sense but it won't work with the shipping / account department.

So can the shocks (bundled products) be hidden and only available as an option to the frame (as individual products?)

Maybe once I figure this out I will explain the second question.

Josh
Josh Shirley
josh@windsurfutah.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2012 at 11:43pm
Hi Josh,

Could you re-read your post here and maybe edit it? I really can't make sense of what you're asking for here. I've read it four times and still can't figure out what you're asking for here.
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2012 at 8:19pm
Product Cart V4.1a

Questions:
1 - Can a product be turned on/off as an add on / cross sell only product?
Such that item A is linked to cs_item1 available together but cs_item1 is not sold by individually.

2 -  Items marked "Sold as a Bundle" - only become visible when there is a discount involved.  
Such that item A is linked to item B if cross sold as bundle with no discount item B does not appear in the cross selling section on viewproduct.asp. If bundled with any amount of discount             item B appears.
Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by joshs - 23-March-2012 at 12:06am
Josh Shirley
josh@windsurfutah.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic