ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Mobile Commerce Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile Redirect for IPAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojmuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile Redirect for IPAD
    Posted: 13-April-2012 at 2:56pm

We would like the IPAD to redirect to the main (non-mobile) site but keep all other mobile users to redirect to the moble version. How do i modify the inc_mobiledetect.asp to keep IPAD users on the main site?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2012 at 3:18pm

Edit the file "inc_mobiledetect.asp"

Add this code around line 44, just above "if session("pcStayNormal")="" then"

If instr(user_agent,"iPad")>0 Then
      mobile_browser=0
End If

we used this in www.tastefulgarden.com/store/m and it tested successfully.
ojmuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojmuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2012 at 3:59pm

Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2012 at 4:05pm
FYI, we have also created full mobile support for the SEO-friendly URL's and the content manager pages.  That code has been provided to Early Impact, and when time allows, will be distributed as part of the base application.  Not sure about their schedule.

We don't have this bundled in a form that I can just send out, but if you need it, it could be installed for you. 
rocky123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2012 at 5:29am
The screen width for the iPhone is 480, Blackberry is 480, Samsung Galaxy listed as 480, I couldn't find the actual reported screen width for the Galaxy S3 but since it is 4.8" which is substantially less than the 7" tablet that reports a screen width of 600 I think it's a pretty sure bet that it reports less than 600.
There is general confusion in mobile devices regarding screen Resolution and reported screen width by the browser, they are two different specifications and relate loosely by how many ppi the display is capable of showing in the actual width of the display.
rocky
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2012 at 8:31pm
Hey Greg,

I can't find the line "if session("pcStayNormal")="" then" anywhere in the file. I'm on version v.4.1b SP 2, could that be the reason? Our current re-direction works fine but we also have the iPad issue. 

Alan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2012 at 8:35pm
I have this in tastefulgarden.com

If InStr(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT"), "Novarra") > 0 Then mobile_browser = mobile_browser+1
'TEST MODE
'mobile_browser=1
If instr(user_agent,"iPad")>0 Then  'gbdg per Matt @ EI 3/12/2012
 mobile_browser=0     'gbdg per Matt @ EI 3/12/2012
End If         'gbdg per Matt @ EI 3/12/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic