FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make header MOD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2012 at 2:41pm
Hello Steve,

One point you should be aware of is that Maingear is a fairly heavily altered code base which has been worked on by multiple dev teams over the years, so while that is certainly an example of what can be done, that particular site has seen a lot of coding hours go into it.

Regardless, what's been done in this regard is fairly simple so long as one is familiar wtih ASP.  If you look at category images in a site such as www.sportco.com, each is presented in the stock form as a surface image.  In Maingear, what they did was alter the ASP so that the dynamic image reference pulled from the database was referenced as a background.   I take it you already discovered that. 

As for why this was done, or why you need it, I'm unclear about that and somewhat curious.  I'm not seeing what Chris and the guys over at MG achieved by this strategy, so rather than focussing on why they did it, perhaps you could share what you are trying to accomplish?  If you have a backaground are you then going to set HTML text over it?

Trying to coach you as to how to do this via the forum might be difficult as it will be largely dependent upon the precise layout you seek to achieve.   However, if you scroll down in viewcategories.asp, just below the H1 tag, you will find a section titled "Show large category image".  It is in that area that you would begin editing your page if you want to experiment with such a change.   Just keep a backup copy you can revert to if things go poorly. 
Stephen09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2012 at 2:16pm
Hi I just bought Product Cart BTO and I have seen people who have headers on each category that are like a css background with the text typed over it like in this sites case:
I have seen a post that they tried it and I am not a asp guy I do more php ect. so I out of my zone in moding the code. So if anyone could help me mod the configprdcode page or anything that could make this possible any help would be appreciated.
(i noted on this sites code they made the category name appear in a div that has an id that the css targets to put the background picture in)

Thanks ,
Stephen T.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic